The quality of a leader is determined by the strength of their spirit. Unknown
S… Support: People who are successful have a strong support system to help them become more triumphant at achieving their goals. Tell everyone you know about your intentions to lead a healthier and more active lifestyle. Having the support of family, friends, co-workers and others with similar interests, will help improve your confidence as well as promote a positive self-esteem. The more people in your circle that you express your ambition to, the more accountable you become for making that change in your lifestyle. You will begin to hold yourself to a higher standard and change your habits naturally. Your social support network will help you gain even more encouragement to remain committed to your personal responsibility to lead a healthier lifestyle. You may even motivate others to do the same! Remember however, the journey is yours… Become your biggest supporter!
Wellness Tip:Remember, there is strength in numbers. There’s a lot of benefit from group camaraderie. Finding a partner if possible or a social network with similar interests will help keep you motivated and on track. The fitness and exercise habit becomes contagious.
“Many people have gone further than they imagined they could because somebody else thought they could.” Unknown
P… Passion: for you Purpose: People who are successful develop expectations for themselves. Realizing your passion for making positive changes in your life will help lead you to your purpose for becoming more self-driven at achieving your desired results. Plan out your success. Visualize yourself leading a healthier lifestyle; that is how successful people accomplish their goals. Having a passion for your purpose will help simplify your life by giving you direction and defining your responsibility. Become more mindful of the choices you make throughout your journey and you will become the best role model for yourself and others. The conscious decisions you make to attain and maintain a healthier lifestyle will not only improve your overall well-being but will transcend into all other aspects in your life. Your sense of purpose, reinforced!
Wellness Tip: You have to want it for yourself. There is no magic pill or surgery that can guarantee a healthier lifestyle. Remember, the advice on how to improve your health and well-being is all repetitive and familiar, dozens of sites will tell you the same things. The self-determination, the will and the ability to follow the advice consistently and make exercise a habit is the challenge. You have to set your mind to it.
- Incorporate exercise into you life at least 3-5 days a week. Remember, exercise is supposed to make you feel good. Have fun with it! Explore various modes of fitness and choose the ones that suit you best. Never stop learning and exposing yourself to attaining new strengths, abilities and skills.
- Keep in mind that the calories you burn in the gym or within your exercise session account for far less than the energy expenditure you burn throughout your day. Therefore, adopting an active lifestyle is fundamental to leading a healthier lifestyle, improving your well-being and staying fit. Remember, every movement counts!
“When work, commitment, and pleasure all become one and you reach that deep well where passion lives, nothing is impossible.” Unknown
I… Inspiration: People who are successful perform best when they are inspired. Always believe in yourself. Envision leading a healthier and more active lifestyle. Positive emotions and a positive outlook will give you the resilience needed to overcome your obstacles and “move your mountains”. Staying inspired will help keep you on track with your lifestyle choices. People who are inspired are more motivated to take better care of themselves and never give up. Believe in yourself and do not allow yourself to be defeated or overcome by negative thoughts. Choose optimism. Take 100% responsibility for your actions and don’t let negative circumstances or pessimistic people distract you from your goals. Your thoughts are your energy; make positive thinking a habit. This will help keep you empowered with a constructive attitude towards your journey. Success cannot thrive in a tentative mind. How you think means everything!
Wellness Tip: Making healthful choices become contagious. They create a ripple effect. Every healthy and positive choice you make leads to another. The more positive your decisions become, the better you begin to feel about yourself.
- Plan your meals, snacks too, and workouts in advance to ensure eating healthy throughout the day and maintaining your exercise habit.
- Introduce healthier diet alternatives and cooking methods into your meals. Choose High Fiber, Low Fat, No Fat, Low Sodium, No Sugar Added and Vegetarian Products as much as possible. Of course, don’t forget more raw foods such as fruits, veggies, legumes, whole grains, etc.
- Drink plenty of water. It really is a natural source of energy and a fat burner. Water eliminates the toxins in your body, which allows nutrients to be absorbed by the cells. Make it the first thing you drink every morning. Learn to enjoy it throughout your day.http://www.eface.in/correct-timing-of-drinking-water-maximize-its-effectiveness/
- Do not allow yourself to procrastinate on making healthy choices or getting active. Remember, action inspires motivation.
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Mahatma Gandhi
R… Resolution: People who are successful make a conscious decision to succeed. A resolution is a lifestyle change. It is a commitment that you need to decide on and be ready to make for yourself. The Journey is yours… You are the one who will be experiencing the transformation personally. You have the power to keep the promise you make to yourself. Think of it as an adventure or an exploration: Healthier foods, fun exercise activities, a more active lifestyle, better physical health, and a more positive outlook on life… The choice to make it happen is yours. You can create a new existence for yourself. Take control of your habits by infusing positive changes at your own pace. Pride yourself on executing small changes and taking it one step at a time.
Wellness Tip: Fitness is a lifelong commitment just as difficult to start, as a bad habit is to break. The rewards however are invaluable to your health and well-being. Making a resolution towards improving your health requires changing your behavior patterns. Discipline yourself to making positive lifestyle choices.http://psychology.about.com/od/behavioralpsychology/ss/behaviorchange.htm
“Confidence is the result of hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.” Roger Staubach
I… Integrity: People who are successful lead by example. Integrity is often the first step to strengthening who you are by embracing your pride and confidence. While you explore, experience and enjoy a healthier lifestyle, you will develop a profound connection with yourself as you discover your life values and principals and live up to a higher standard for yourself. Discover a sense of self-gratification and realize your self-worth as you rely on your personal strengths and resources and personal talents to evoke your inner-power. As your sense of integrity is reinforced you will foster a sense of freedom knowing that you have become a more health conscious individual, able to overcome all obstacles that come your way. Your conviction will persuade and inspire others as your commitment becomes evident!
Wellness Tip: Always stand strong:
- Emotionally, have the courage to do the right thing and make the right decisions for yourself. Stay true to who you are.
- Physically, always remember to hold your posture and take pride in the way you carry yourself. Hold your head high; you will not only feel better about yourself but you will facilitate better circulation and stronger muscles; you will also become more receptive to connecting with others which will improve your sense of self-confidence.
Prepare for your success one day at a time. Create scenarios and strategies for obstacles that you may encounter, so that you remain firm in your stance.
“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” Jim Rohn
T… Tenacity: People who are successful are unwavering in their purpose. Being tenacious will give you the determination and resolve to achieve your goals. Don’t give yourself room for excuses. Have zero tolerance for self-justification or rationalization of your own excuses. Create an action plan for all your fabrications. This will enable you to adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle while cultivating self-discipline and willpower. Remember, there is always someone out there doing what someone else said they can’t. The only way to discover your limits of what is possible is to go beyond them into the impossible. Turn your ‘impossibles’ into ‘possibles’ … I’mPossibles!
Wellness Tip: Don’t let an excuse become your obstacle… execute the possible! PUSH (Persist Until Something Happens), your ultimate goal should be doing your best and enjoying every minute of a healthier lifestyle.
“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” George Washington Carver
Keep Your SPIRIT High!
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius